21-04. (H) LANDING GEAR, WHEELS, TYRES, BRAKES
In mode TRAINING show all questions of the discipline with correct answers presentation. To go to the next question, click the “Next”.
In mode Exam correct answers are not shown, after choosing the answer, transition to the next question occurs automatically.
1. In a hydraulic braking system, an accumulator is pre-charged to 1.600 psi. An electrically driven hydraulic pump is started and provides a system pressure of 3.000 psi. The hydraulic pressure gauge which is connected to the gas section of the accumulator, reads:
2. The pilot may be prevented from retracting the landing gear whilst the aircraft is on the ground by:
3. If the profile grooves or the tread of an aircraft tire are worn, the tire can be:
4. In some aircraft, there is a protection device to avoid the landing gear being inadvertently retracted on the ground. It consists of:
5. Gear retraction systems are classified according to the power source used for retraction and extension. Which system is the most frequently used on larger aircraft?